I would like to solicit your vote for DCBA Treasurer. I am no stranger to numbers and financials as I majored in Finance while attending the University of Miami School of Business Administration. My platform is one built on collaboration and service to community. If elected Treasurer of the DCBA, financial transparency is of paramount significance to me. In addition, I will continue my efforts to provide programming and events with a focus on substantive law that suits the diverse DCBA membership and supports the mission of Dade Legal Aid. All our collaboration is essential for the success of the DCBA as well as drawing new members from every corner of Miami-Dade County in order to bring fresh, innovative ideas that will allow the DCBA to thrive for another hundred years.
I currently serve the Dade County Bar Association as a member of the Board of Directors. During 2017-2018, I served on its Executive Committee and Budget Committee. From 2013-2015, I was Chair of the Family Court Committee. A graduate of UM Law, my record and commitment to service in our community includes serving on the Board of Directors of the Miami & Keys Chapter of the American Red Cross and serving as pro bono counsel through the Federal CARE Court program. Previously, I served on the Board of Directors for Legal Services of Greater Miami and Kidside. I hold a leadership position with the ABA’s Section of Litigation as Co-Chair of the Family Law Litigation Committee and I serve as the Hispanic National Bar Association’s Chair of the Family Law Section. I am also a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
Apart from service to the community, my professional record has garnered me the following accolades:
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers (2014-Present)
- Listed in Top 50: 2015 Women Florida Super Lawyers (2015)
- Listed in Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine (2017)
- Listed in Top Lawyers, South Florida Legal Guide (2017-2018)
- Super Stars 2017, South Florida Edition, Attorney at Law Magazine (2017)
- Attorneys to Watch in 2015, Attorney at Law Magazine (2015)
- Rising Star, Daily Business Review (2014)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s 40 Under 40 (2013)
- Women Extraordinaire Award Recipient, Business Leader Media (2012)
Please consider voting for Dolly Hernandez as Treasurer of the DCBA for 2018-2019 and, in advance, thank you for your support!